Open Question: Don't you hate changing plans because of the job market and economy right now?

Because the US economy and job market is so screwed up now people keep telling you "oh you shouldn't pursue that, the economy is bad, you won't get a job" yet it's what you've planned for. I want to be a lawyer. I've always wanted to be a lawyer but I now have family saying "oh no! it's hard now because of the job market...go do medical because that's a wide open field right now. Be a nurse. They aren't turning nurse resumes away" No mind that I don't have a medical bone in my body to do that type of work but I should just because it's what's available. I even have the university career services lady recommending, STRONGLY recommending me in careers that don't even fit my personality based on that personality/skills test that says what jobs are best for you. ONLY because what fits me isn't "good" right now. It isn't going to be like this forever and who wants to go back to school in their 30s because they listened when the economy was bad and chose something that didn't fit them. Is this disheartening to anyone else? Don't you hate hearing it? Hate hearing people speak against what you want to do because of the "economy" and "job market" and people suggesting you change?