Open Question: HELP! HELP ME PLEASE! LANDLORD IS NOT PAYING WATER BILL AND WATER IS CUT OFF?

hi everyone. i am currently renting a home, and when i first moved in.....my lease agreement states that i am responsible for the water bill. however there was a broken sprinkler head in my front yard which took my landlord 5 to 6 months to fix. in the meantime my water bill which was in my name ran up to 1,000 dollars. the landlord finally fixed it, and transferred the water bill to his name. however he does not, and refuses to pay the bill. now my water is cut off, and i have two small children. i do not have the money to up and move right away. what should i do? i could take him to court but the process is long. by the way it is a section 8 home. can i report him to section 8 and will they allow me to break my lease and move?