aig

AIG....................................?
whats your stance on this issue? and what do you think is the way forward?

Answer :
The way forward, is for government to stop trying to "fix" things. Everything government has ever tried to fix, they've screwed up. These politicians can't run a business. They have no idea how the REAL world works. They threw billions of dollars at a company with no strings attached. Either they are too stupid to realize that what they did would backfire, or they knew it, and didn't care. Either way, hands off is best.
Because AIG is going belly up, should I change to a different insurance provider?
I see that AIG is suffering a huge setback and is about to file bankruptcy. I am about to seek out a different provider because I do not want to continue paying money to a company that is about to go belly up? Are you insured by AIG? What are your thoughts? If you are not AIG, how 'bout some perspective, do you think I should leave AIG for another provider.

Answer :
You'd be making a mistake making a change now for that reason... IF they filed for bankruptcy protection (which we now know won't happen with the gov't assistance) the life insurance holders should be fine. If anything they'd spin off the profitable insurance unit to a buyer in order to raise cash. AIG doesn't sell insurance...American General does (as does their other subsidiaries)....keep that in mind. AIG just owns American General.
Should I leave my retirement with AIG or rollover to another financial company?
The company I work for uses AIG for their investment advisers. They match up to 3%. My question is should I rollover to another financial advisor or keep with AIG. I am have already lost 35% of my retirement and unhappy with what I have been reading in the papers about AIG. I know I should still contribute to AIG to receive my company match since its free money, but am not sold on leaving everything with them and watching the government continue to bail AIG out.

Answer :
Stock traders and investors should only trust themselves and do the hard core research into WHO MIGHT manage their money or handle their stock trades. DON'T RELY on "advisors" or "consultants" anymore. IF you find a company that promises to do a better job w/ your money than AIG---THEN I'd say roll over away from AIG. YOU alone won't wake AIG up. An large united organized group of AIG clients DEMANDING AIG pay every red cent back of that $165 million in "retention bonuses" and fully disclose HOW AND WHERE their bailout money is spent---and how well they repay their "bailout loan" back. But then again: You can only serve your best interests. Good luck w/your decision--whichever that may be.