Open Question: Insurance agent lied to me. What can I do?

My father was hospitalized and had to be admitted to the ICU. As he began recovery, he was declared "medically stable" and transferred to another floor. He has a terminal illness but this was not his time to pass. His insurance agent contacted us and told us that when he was in ICU he was covered but that since he transferred out of ICU they would no longer cover his medical expenses and gave us a few options. 1. Stay and pay ourselves. 2. Transfer him home. 3. Send him to a rehab center which was covered under his insurance. (14 days of coverage. Perhaps enough time for him to recover before returning home.) We could not afford to pay ourselves. (Who can?) He was not in any shape to go home unless we were willing to let him deteriorate and pass at home. So we opted for the third option. Our family spent the entire last day at the hospital finding how the rehab center worked and what it offered for my father. After checking into the rehab center we found out that the insurance company would have covered 100% of my father's stay after he left the ICU. I contacted the agent and asked her why she lied to me and she responded that they cannot pay after the doctors dismissed him. I hung up the phone satisfied but then I realized that I spoke with her on a Monday and the doctors decided to dismiss him on Tuesday. This made me realize that she really did lie since her story was not consistent. What can I do? I would like for her to have some consequence for her unethical practice.