[ Law & Ethics ] Open Question : My ex is being evicted and still wants current visitation to continue.?

My ex-husband is being evicted from low-income housing and has nothing else lined up, yet stills wants his current visitation with my boys to continue. We were divorced when the boys were only 2 and 3 years old. The boys are now 10 and 11 years old and are seeing their father on a very liberal visitation scedule. Their father has not worked in approximately 8-9 years and collects Social Security based on his mental history (suicidal and Bi-polar). He is currently living in low-income housing and has recently lost his cable and internet due to not paying his bills. He's told the boys that the Manager of the apt. complex "hates him" because of his race. This seemed to be a far-fetched accuse, but today, we found the real issue with the manager is that he has not been paying his (already reduced) rent. I receieved a text message from my 11 year old, an hour after I dropped them off for their day visit, that stated "HELP." The next message was, "We are at court because dad hasn't paid his rent." Now that the kids know that he has to come up with x- number of dollars of rent or eviction will continue, they are nervous about having to go for visits. They are due to spend the weekend with him. What option/recourse do I have to require stable housing before I send them for an overnight visit? By the way, the 10 year old boy is Autistic, so sudden changes are difficult for him to deal with. Please advice if I can safely insist on my ex only having supervised visits until his housing situation is fixed. Or do I need to do anything else?? ~Concerned Mom of 2 in SC