[ Credit ] Open Question : I just got a kohls store credit card w/o really even realizing it (i am young n' dumb) and got a discount....?

It will hurt my credit, cause they check my score. The jeans I bought were $36 w/o the card and $32 with it. What a waste of 10-30 pts on my credit score for $4 savings!!! She asked for my social security number and I said - I don't want to give that out. She said they have to use it to do a check. I guess I grossly misunderstood. She said "Kohl's charge card." I guess I thought very very briefly that it was a coupon card - just being a member, and that's what I asked. I thought I was becoming a member, with benefit discounts. She said it so fast. People at the mall offered clothing to me too! They are trying to sell!! I got screwed, and I am 20. Could I cancel it? I will call and ask. Probably too late. I already got the discount. I mean - there are benefits - but my credit score should bounce back up - right? With time? My regular, main card is with Wells Fargo (student card - I don't work). I already canceled that once and re-applied so that hurt my score and then this Kohls things happens!!!