[ Pregnancy ] Open Question : Growth scans & static growth in last weeks of pregnancy? Anyone else been monitored?

I am 36 weeks pregnant & have been placed under the care of a consultant at the hospital (rather than midwifery led care) because at 28 weeks to 31 weeks my fundus measurement had only increased by 1cm. I was below the 10th centile (was measuring 27cm at 31 weeks) growth scans have been done every 2 weeks since. From 31 weeks to 33 weeks the growth leapt from 27cm to 31cm which made baby bang on the 50th centile! I thought that was big...but then at 35 weeks a growth scan showed just a weight gain from 2112g at 33 weeks to 2224g at 35 weeks! The consultant has been doing regular CTG's and Liquor volume & doppler scans in between. Baby is VERY active, Im constantly monitoring his movements but the consultant warned me that if next weeks growth scan doesnt show some growth he will have to consider inducing me & hes going to pull the plug on my arranged homebirth! Im GUTTED! Has anyone else ever had to be monitored like this & how did your birth start? induction? spontaneous? Obviously my babys health during labour & delivery is paramount to me but Im finding all this rather confusing & am not sure where this situation will end. All answers will be appreciated *This is my 2nd child, I had a natural homebirth to a 6lb 11.5oz baby girl 4 years ago, fundal height measurements on her pregnancy were consist but always just below the 10th centile.