[ Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered ] Open Question : Is it my turn now =D?

Despite my smiley face, this isn't a heartwarming Q =x Okay, so I'm 16 and I literally have no friends (or have I ever had any; I mean I'll talk to people, but I'm much too shy to actually start conversations) =x I don't really mind it, but I would like someone - and by that I mean a boyfriend. I've even been so depressed as to pray that I find one someday soon (as selfish as that sounds =x ). I know I'm not a muscle stud, but my cousins have the same body frame as me and they've each had multiple girlfriends =x which makes me believe that I'm not cute =x I'm not picky at all; I can find every body size attractive (I mainly go by the face since that won't really change at all and that's what I'd be looking at most of the time ^^), so it's not like I'm being fussy waiting for a model type. What do you think? Is it the fact that I'm probably not cute that prevents me from getting a boyfriend? or is it my overall shyness/sensitiveness? =x