[ Other - Careers & Employment ] Open Question : First job! Help please!?

Okay, so I just turned 16 and I need a job badly. My parents don't think I can be successful with anything work-related, so they don't even bother helping me out with my resume and such. My sibling won't help me out either, because she wants to hog all of the spotlight to herself. I submitted a few resumes to clothing stores about 2 weeks ago, and they all said the same thing - that I'd receive a call from the manager for an interview. Do they always just say that to people who apply at their stores? And I was wondering if I should go there in person to follow up, instead of by the phone but I don't know if it would be a good idea. And if that doesn't work out, I'm thinking of making a new resume for other jobs, but I was hoping if anyone could give me great pointers as to what I could put on my resume that would stand out to a manager. And lastly, I'm not really into working at a fast food restaurant, but I heard you should start off at those for a first job. But I was wondering if a clothing store would accept me without any experience? Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. I need to prove my parents wrong by the end of the summer, so I really need help! Thanks in advance!