[ Women's Health ] Open Question : Had my period a week early, what should I do with my birth cntrol routine?

I woke up one morning to discover I had gotten what (i think) was my period, it lasted for about 3 days, and then it was gone. Weird thing is, it should have been another week before I had gotten my period. Now Im confused on what to do with my birth control. I continued taking it like I never gotten my period...but now Im to the final week of my pack, where the pills dont really matter, and Im not sure if I should keep taking actual birth control pills or if I should wait it out and see if I actually get my REAL period. Does this make sense? Im really confused because ive never had this happen to me before. I use to have somewhat irregular periods when I was a really young, but once I got on the pill they seemed to be fine. Ive been on the pill for a couple years now and this is the first time its happened. Any advice on what to do would be very helpful!!! If it helps, I am a white 22 yr old female. Thanks!