[ Singles & Dating ] Open Question : does he live too far away for this too work :/?

my dad has this friend who lives in Manchester, he has 6 kids and one of them is my age (13) we both really like each other and we talk about how we hate living so far away from each other, he tells me he loves me and that he never has stopped loving me from the first day we met. we met when we were 9 and i hadn't seen him for 4 years, he recently visited and told me how much he missed me and that he loves me and now he has gone back to Manchester we are always keeping in touch. we both want to get together but we don't know if it will work as i live in Swansea, his family said they are coming down every year from now so we can all still stay in touch as his dad and mine were childhood friends but i dont like waiting a whole year to see him again. what can i do ?