Open Question: Do Filipino shows obtain legal rights to play the music that plays on their shows?

I'm Filipino, and I'm not really hating and all, but it has been on my mind. I've been watching Filipino shows for a while, and I noticed all these "idol" shows often have celebrities either singing or dancing to music that's from around all around the world (be it Rock, Pop, Hip Hop/Rap). Even other educational/informative small shows between their main scheduled shows would use music from other sources. Plus I'm pretty sure I heard the Halo (current-generation video game) theme one time because it added more dynamics to what they were talking about...I was like...wha?? But yeah, it's not like it matters to me if they didn't have the right to use the music...it's just been floating there in my mind.