[ Singles & Dating ] Open Question : Confused about this guy? Help?

Okay, so this is kinda complicated but I'll try and make it as simple to understand as possible. Basically I like this guy. But I know that he likes sex a lot, he's been with quite a few girls from what I've heard. And I've heard some stuff about him that kinda made me not like him at first. But then I got talking to him, and realised that maybe he feels lonely. He tells people all the time that he wants a long lasting relationship but all the relationships he's had havent lasted more than a couple of months. Except, his first girlfriend he had. He lost his virginity to her and thats when he became obsessed with sex. Now the thing is his first girlfriend, is my ex boyfriends ex girlfriend, if you know what I mean. And she doesn't like me and I don't like her. I still talk to my ex and he still talks to his. I dont want her to think I go after all her ex boyfriends because I don't. This whole situation confuses me and I dont know what to do? Any advice would be great btw. :)