Open Question: becoming a nurse tech?

I am currently a CNA and I have been looking for information on a nurse tech - all I can find is that a nurse tech is THE SAME as a CNA with a better name, which IS NOT the case in my town. A nurse tech in my town is more like a nurse - working under an RN doing things such as assisting with dressing changes or performing with RN supervision, passing meds, and doing assessments. My QUESTION IS can I pass meds under registration as a nurse tech if I havent taken pharmacology yet? I have taken a 4 hour intro on pharmacology which covers the basics of right person, right route, right time, right dose, right med, the math basics and how to look up information about each med in a drug book.. I was warned that I may or may not be able to and to make sure I can before I apply as a nurse tech. Thanks.