Open Question: How to get started selling drinks on the street?

I live in a city where its major economy is tourism. With the incredibly hot weather and the extra time I have on my hands, I've decided to invest some money and start selling drinks on the street. I did some research and I think this could be a successful seasonal job that generates decent cash flow. I've decided to sell mainly drinks such as bottled water and can sodas. I already bought a 62 quart cooler and my inventory of drinks and ice. I'm thinking about making a upside down V-shaped cardboard sign to display what I'm selling and prices. My starting prices: (I plan to increase or decrease after getting sales data.) Small Water Bottle: $1.25 Big Water Bottle: $2.00 Can Sodas: $2.00 Currently I'm trying to figure out what legal paperwork I need. It appears I need a peddlers permit. This is my first time doing this so I would like some advice and tips from someone more experienced. Thanks for your advice and wish me luck!