Open Question: How do I get a job? Help!?

I have filled out an online application a couple weeks ago and was wondering what to do next. I haven't talked to anyone at Starbucks yet. I have a resume and this will be my first official job. I have had two other jobs where I worked in a hotel. My mom works at the two hotels and I did data entry and payroll for a while. That was last summer. I am interested in getting a job at Starbucks because it's near my house and it seems like a great company to work for. I am 17 and a half. One of my friends told me to bring the filled out application along with my resume, but the application was filled out online. I don't know what my next step is. Do I call and ask if they are hiring, then walk in and show an employee or manager my resume? After that, how do I get an interview with them and do they usually call back if they want you or should I follow up and call them? Obviously you don't have to work for Starbucks to answer this question. If you've applied for a job, got an interview, and got the job, I'd really like to hear from you. If you have any tips or advice that you'd like to give, just email me at jacobwbau@yahoo.com or leave it in your answer, thank you!