Open Question: Landlord in beginnings of foreclosure. Can I be evicted for non-payment?

I live in Florida. I have been living in the house for over 3 years and have paid on time each and every month. We have been excellent tenants even though my landlord hasn't been so great when it came to honoring his end (i.e., taking care of maintenance such as plumbing and roof things that are in fact his responsibility) We received a summons that the landlord is in foreclosure back in April and he hasn't been paying the mortgage since December 2009. We received what is called a Lis Pendens which according to an attorney my husband and I spoke with, is just the beginning of the foreclosure process. What my question is is that I don't feel I should continue to pay rent since he isn't paying the mortgage and we very well may have to look for another place to live which I do NOT want to do. I have tried to ask if he is taking care of the situation and only the NAME of the attorney who is representing him in this foreclosure case and they, already being hot tempered people, got very angry and said that what we were asking was "very personal" which I feel is ridiculous since I made it clear I wasn't asking for details of the case or what he speaks about w/ his attorney, just wanted to know that someone was representing because that would show some interest in wanting to save the home from being foreclosed on. We asked if he would meet with us briefly just to discuss the situation, but he refused "saying that we should trust him and that he doesn't have time for this or our stupid questions". He does have several properties and I would imagine he must have someone he deals with concerning legal matters, but he won't tell me who is handling this particular situation. He is also going through a divorce and claims that his wife wants the property even though it's not worth anything and wants to sell it which doesn't sound right to me in this market. She has to be aware of how the market currently is. He claims he's going through an ugly divorce and that she wants "whatever she can get." I also know that THEIR home is in both of their names and he also claims that she wants the house that they shared, but when I drove by their house there is a for sale sign. If she wants the home and both of their names are on the home can he sell it? Unless he is lying about that as well and they both have agreed to sell the house. I am so confused. I do see a red flag, but since he's been hot tempered since the beginning I don't know if it's the fact that he is lying or just honestly feels he doesn't need to give us this information. I did check what is called the docket sheet on my county's clerk and comptroller's website in the records search. We were served the summons on April 29, 2010 and to date there is no one representing him on this case or at least it hasn't been entered into the system yet, I don't know. When we last spoke with him to discuss whether or not to give him this month's rent, June, he got upset and just said get out in 30 days. Can he do this? I just want to know my rights. I have a couple of 50 lb dogs and where I live it's difficult to find a place where they will accept my dogs. I don't know if 30 days is enough, but what bugs me is that I DON'T want to move I just want to find out the truth. If he is honestly going to try and save the home then I will wait it out. If not, I want to know. If I do have to leave I at least want some time to save money to move out. I don't want him to just pocket my money while I and my family lose out. No way is he going to do that to us. Sorry to ramble so much, but I just though writing all the facts down might help someone give me some advice.