Oscar De La Hoya cheated on his wife

Oscar De La Hoya said in a wide-ranging interview that his drinking, drugs and womanizing, all belying his "Golden Boy" image, got so out of control that he considered suicide.
"Within couple of years, just thinking if my life was even worth it. De La Hoya said he's been going to rehab to deal with vices. "We are obviously not talking a Tiger Woods here, but I was unfaithful," De La Hoya said.
De La Hoya retired in 2009 after a 16-year career in which he won 10 world titles in six divisions and became boxing's most popular fighter.
De La Hoya was thoroughly beaten by Manny Pacquiao in his last fight. De La Hoya transcended his sport, using his bilingual skills to generate crossover appeal among Latinos and whites.
"There were drugs, my drug of choice was cocaine and alcohol, hmm. Cocaine was recent. "It took me to a place where I felt safe, it took me to a place where I felt as if nobody can say anything to me, it took me to a place where I just can reach out and grab my mom."
Oscar De La Hoya admitted that he was previously involved in several different vices. He said he had been drinking alcohol, womanizing, and doing cocaine, and at his worst, even thought about committing suicide.

Oscar De La Hoya cheated on his wife

Oscar De La Hoya last fight

Oscar de la hoya scandal photo

Oscar De la Hoya’s Difficult Times
According to Oscar De La Hoya, years into his career, he was thinking about whether his life was still worth living. Oscar De La Hoya also admitted he was once an unfaithful husband to his wife, which led to their separation for a short period of time. Oscar De La Hoya’s Career
Oscar De La Hoya ended his 16-year boxing career in 2009, walking away having won 10 world titles in six divisions. Oscar De La Hoya’s Past
Boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya says he thought of committing suicide when he hit “rock bottom” in his dependency on drugs and alcohol.
“Rock bottom was recently,” De La Hoya told Teresa Rodriguez of “Aqui y Ahora.” “There were drugs, my drug of choice was cocaine and alcohol, hmm. Cocaine was recent. The last two years, last 2½ years and I depended more on the alcohol than the cocaine,” De La Hoya said. De La Hoya and his wife Mille Corretjer have two children together. I’m walking the walk.”
Now sober, De La Hoya said he’s calling his recovery “the biggest fight of my life."