David Letterman's fun response for death threat

In his monologue during Monday’s taping of his CBS show, Mr. Letterman made numerous jokes about the threat, some that even hark back to his old rivalry with Jay Leno. We have great audiences night in and night out, but tonight especially, it means a lot to me. Backstage, I was talking to the guy from CBS. A guy, a radical extremist, threatened to cut my tongue out. Mr. Letterman also devoted his nightly top 10 list to the threat under the heading of “Top 10 things that went through my mind after heard about the threat:”

David Letterman death threat

Number 3: “Some people get Emmy nominations; some people get death threats.”
Most of Letterman’s Monday night monologue and his Top 10 list were dedicated to addressing the threats against him that posted last week on a website frequently utilized by Al-Qaeda to communicate messages. Backstage, I was talking to a guy from CBS, we were going through the CBS life insurance policy to see if I was covered for jihad.”
As for the threats themselves, Letterman joked that this wasn’t his first time, saying: “I wish I had a nickel for every time a guy has threatened to cut my tongue out. I think the first time was at the Academy Awards — during the Academy Awards.”
A few days after it was revealed that he is targeted for assassination by online jihadist, David Letterman used his late night show to respond to the death threat. Seemingly taking the issue lightly, he poked fun at the situation when opening the Monday (August 22) episode of "Late Show with David Letterman".

David Letterman Jokes death threat

"You people are more, honestly, than an audience to me tonight, really. A guy, a radical extremist, threatened to cut my tongue out. Titled "Top Ten Thoughts That Went Through My Mind After Hearing About the Threat", the list mentioned "How can someone be so angry at a time when Kim Kardashian is so happy?" on number 4, and "Some people get Emmy nominations; some people get death threats" on number 3.

The death threat issued by a Muslim militant against Letterman was unraveled by SITE intelligence group last week.