This a good diet (today)?

This a good diet (today)?
trying to eat small meals every 3 hours. I had 2 egg whites at 930 a multi grain all natural granola bar which was 140 cals 20 from fat at 1230 a banana and a small pack of oyster crackers (from my work) at 315-330 a few crackers with salsa at 630 while my dinner was cooking and then I had a medium sized baby spinach salad with tomatoes and peppers with blue cheese dressing and half of a stuffed quahog which I started eating at 7 and finished at 730. I was thinking I'd have another small snack at 930 or 10? Maybe a small bag of popcorn without salt or butter, or the 2 egg whites again (I lopve those) or sometimes I have 1% cottage cheese with sliced almonds and grapes. Do u think this is a good meal plan? I'm not trying to lose weight, just maintain. Thanks! :)
Answer :
yep. another snack would be good. try the cottage cheese with almonds and grapes. or you can dip cucumbers in the cottage cheese! its SOO GOOD! ohh well:) your doing FINE so no need to worry :)
Feeding a raw meat diet to the dog?
I want to start my dog on a raw meat diet. I've been looking at the Prey Model Raw website, I'm doing my research. But it's still going to be a little while before I switch over. Only thing is, where do I find raw meat for a good price? My mom and I are both concerned about the cost...Isn't grocery store meat expensive? Prefer to buy in bulk...We have a big freezer in the garage that we don't really use. I just need to clean it out, then we'll have a place to store everything. Anybody know what kind of places I should be looking at for well-priced meat? Thanks. Okay, for the three of you so far with dumb answers. 1. I wasn't asking what a good quality kibble is. My girl is already on Blue Buffalo. 2. Feeding her raw meat is NOT cutting out the nutrients she needs. 3. Dogs are not omnivores. Sure, they might like a carrot or something as a little treat, but when the hell do you see a wolf walking through the forest, picking berries off a bush? Yeah, never. Cathy, I was in a bit of a downer mood until you posted that. Thanks for the laugh :)
Answer :
I keep an eye open for bulk chicken. Every month or so I can find 10lb bags of it for $3.50 so I buy as much as I can fit in my freezer. I also post on CL asking for freezer burned meat, stating I'll pay .50/lb for it. I get most of the red meat this way. Organs unfortunately I can't find cheaply. I'm usually spending $2-4/lb on it. If I'm lucky I'll get some from my hunter or farmer friends. they're starting to catch on to what I want lol.
What do think of this liquid diet for everyday?
This guy I know does this diet everyday of his life since 1991 because one day he said he got chokjed up eating pecan ice cream and that scared him. So from then on to this day he will only eat liquid blender foods. Breakfast: 10 oz honey nut cheerios 4 tsp peanut butter 12 tsp cranberries in a can 10 oz milk Blend all for 1:30 minutes Then, at 1PM: 1 burger bum 2 slices cheese 1 breaded chicken patty or fillet fish or tuna in a can 1 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, rosemary crushed and sazon goya seasoning 3 tsp mayonnaise 5 tator tots baked in oven Blend all for 1:30 Then at other days at 1 PM: 1 can kidney beans in a can 1/2 can cream of chicken 5 tator tots baked in oven or microwaved Same seasonings as above 3 tsp butter Blend all for 2:30 Then other days at 1 PM: 1 can mix vegetables 1/2 can cream of chicken same seasoniongs as above 3 tsp butter Blend all for 2:30 At 7 Pm: 8 generic chocolate chip cookies 12 oz milk Stir in a bowl till totally liquified. Then, he has Lipton green mix, (The powder mix): 5 oz water 5 tsp tea mix Stir alot. He has no teeth because he hasn't use it and they fell out. He get's scared to eat normal solid foods and doesn't cook anything ever. Just cause he is scared of choking. Doctors has told him to try to eat cooked and hot meals but he won't. Listen, I can see someone maybe doing a diet like this as a weight loss diet for a very short time and even then this is not healthy. He has been doing this since 1991 every single day. What is your opinion on this type of lifestyle diet, and yes, he is skinny. He has anemia problem, looks weak and pale all the time, but he won't listen to me or any doctor.
Answer :
that sounds gross. yogurt or soups maybe, but blended hamburgers and kidney beans yukk he needs to get over his fear and get some grits or mash potatoes,
Beyond Dieting, diet and nutrition tips

Dash Diet Food Pyramid